Connacht Whiskey Tasting
We are delighted to welcome the team at Connacht Distillery to Dingle for our very first in person tasting of 2022. The Connacht Distillery sits on the banks of the River Moy where the river widens into the Moy estuary in Ballina, County Mayo, with whiskey production commencing in 2016.
We will get to experience their Batch 1 Single Malt, a Double Distilled Single Malt made from 100% malted Irish barley, aged in ex-Bourbon casks and finished in ex-Sherry barrels from Jerez. As well as an opportunity to sample the Batch 1 New Make Sprit. We will also get to try their brands; Ballyhoo Irish Whiskey and two limited release Spade & Bushel Single Malt expressions.
We will be joined by their ambassador Suzanne Cody, Connacht Distillery Brand Ambassador and are in for a superb evening and line up. Our thanks to all the Connacht Distillery team and especially Suzanne for all their support and assistance.
1. Ballyhoo Single Grain Irish Whiskey 43% ABV.
Ballyhoo begins as a sourced Irish whiskey with a mashbill of 93% corn (maize) and 7% malted barley. It is further matured on-site at Connacht Distillery finished in ex-Port casks.
2. Spade & Bushel Single Malt 5 Year Old 42% ABV.
Matured initially in premium select bourbon casks for 4 years before finishing in a selection of Amarone wine casks sourced from the Veneto region of Italy. This limited release of 1600 bottles.
3. Spade & Bushel Single Malt 14 year old 45% ABV.
A limited edition premium single malt Irish whiskey is matured initially in bourbon casks for 12 years, then finished for a period of 2 years in carefully selected sweet marsala wine casks from Sicily.
4. Connacht New Make Spirit at 47% ABV.
The precursor to Connacht Distillery's Batch 1 Single Malt. Double Distilled with Irish Barley.
5. Connacht Single Malt Irish Whiskey Batch 1 47% ABV.
Double Distilled Single Malt is made from 100% malted Irish barley, aged in ex-Bourbon casks and finished in ex-Sherry barrels from Jerez.
The Department of Health still imposes the following Covid Rules:
- If you have been feeling unwell or have tested positive for Covid within the last 7 days please do not attend the tasting.
- If you are not boosted and have come in contact with someone who has tested positive in the last 10 days please do not attend.
We will refund your fee in either of these cases.
Please also see: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/914a6-guidance-on-the-public-health-management-of-covid-19-cases-and-close-contacts/
Our own processes re Covid:
- We will continue to use gloves and masks as we set up the tastings.
- You will also find hand sanitizer on each table for your use.
- You may consider wearing masks as you move around or when in larger groups of people not at your tasting table.
We are looking forward to seeing you all there.